The special thing about this honey is its bitterness. The "Arbutus" variety, or "Corbezzolo" by Italian beekeepers, is by far the most bitter honey in the world . Connoisseurs know how bitter this honey can be and anyone who prefers sweet types of honey is wrong to choose this honey.
The Brezzo family apiary is at home in Piedmont and travels with the bees to do pollination work, including to the islands of Sardinia and Corsica, as well as to Provence in southern France. The real Corsican honey can be recognized by the additional label with the protected designation of origin "Mele di Corsica - Miel de Corse".
Strawberry tree honey is rare because the tree flowers only in the fall and trade winds make it difficult for bees to fly at this time of year. The harvest quantities are therefore unfortunately very small and the demand is particularly high. This is because healing and strengthening effects are attributed to this honey in folk medicine in the Mediterranean region. Without actually being able to verify it, beekeepers tout high levels of vitamin C and accelerated healing from flu and colds. Even during the COVID pandemic, reports appeared at times that ascribed at least a soothing effect to this honey. However, there is a lack of studies and laboratory data for all of these claims. For this reason, we would like to limit ourselves to enjoying this honey and ask you to contact your trusted doctor if you have any health-related questions.
250 g in a glass á 15.90 EUR; Basic price 1 kg = 63.60 EUR
Manufacturer: Apicoltura Brezzo Srl, Italy
- Free pick-up in the pick-up shop on selected days, please note the opening hours . Address: Welthonig im Rabenhof, Hainburger Straße 68-70/45/1, 1030 Vienna
- Customers have the choice between GLS, DPD and postal delivery. See shipping rates for details.
- Local delivery in Vienna on the same day for orders with online payment from Monday to Friday by 4 p.m. and Saturday by 12 p.m. Carried out by Veloce Messenger Services GmbH. Later orders will be delivered the next day as soon as possible.
- Secure online payment with SSL encryption: PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, American Express and eps transfer.
- Offline payment without a card with traditional transfer to the company bank account (payment in advance). After receiving the payment, the goods will be packed and shipped.