In the Middle Ages, strongly spiced wines were called hypocras. This spiced wine was said to have digestive and health-promoting effects. There was both a white and a red version that could be enjoyed tempered or hot. The nobility and clergy had wines seasoned with everything that was good and expensive to impress guests, including cinnamon, cloves, but also pepper and honey were added to the wine. The bulbous elixir bottle itself is a great eye-catcher in the display case.
- 0.2 l love potion* €9.95 each; Basic price 1 l = EUR 49.75
- 0.5 l Hypocras at EUR 13.50 each; Basic price 1 l = EUR 27.00
ad* The manufacturer sells its Hypocras at medieval markets with the alternative name “ love potion ”. For many market visitors, this name is easier to remember.
Wine made from fruit with spices but without honey and, according to the manufacturer, it is suitable for vegans;; 8.5% vol.alc.; this product contains sulfites
Manufacturer: Berry wines
When ordering, you confirm that the purchaser and recipient are over 18 years old.
- Free order collection from the pick-up shop on selected days, please note the opening times . Address: Welthonig im Rabenhof, Hainburger Straße 68-70/45/1, 1030 Vienna
- Customers have the choice between GLS and postal delivery. Please see shipping rates for details.
- Local delivery in Vienna on the same day for orders placed Tuesday to Friday by 5 p.m. Carried out by Veloce Botendienste GmbH. Subsequent orders will be delivered as quickly as possible the next day.
- Secure online payment with SSL encryption: PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, American Express and eps transfer. Swiss customers can pay directly in CHF without having to change. Customers in Canada can also pay directly in CAD without having to change. Customers in the USA can also pay directly in USD without having to change.
- Offline payment without a card with traditional transfer to the company bank account (advance payment). After receiving payment, the goods will be packed and shipped.