Update October 31, 2023: Fresh Corbezzolo honey from Corsica has arrived in Vienna, unfortunately only 500 g jars. The small glasses are already sold out.
The special thing about this honey is its bitterness. The variety "Arbutus", called strawberry tree in German, or called "Corbezzolo" by the Italian beekeeper, is by far the bitterest honey in the world . Connoisseurs know how bitter this honey can be and anyone who prefers sweet types of honey is wrong with this honey.
The Brezzo family beekeeping business is based in Piedmont and travels with the bees to do pollination work, including to the islands of Sardinia and Corsica, as well as to Provence in the south of France. The real Corsican honey can be recognized by the additional label with the protected designation of origin "Mele di Corsica - Miel de Corse".
Honey from the strawberry tree is rare because the tree only blooms in autumn and trade winds make it difficult for bees to fly at this time of year. Unfortunately, harvest quantities are very low and demand is particularly high. This is because in folk medicine in the Mediterranean region this honey is said to have healing and strengthening effects. Without actually being able to check it, beekeepers advertise a high content of vitamin C and accelerated healing of flu and colds. Even during the COVID pandemic, reports have appeared at times that attribute this honey to at least a soothing effect. However, studies and laboratory data are lacking for all of these claims. For this reason, we would like to limit ourselves to the enjoyment of this honey and ask you to contact your trusted doctor if you have any health-related questions.
- 250 g in a glass at EUR 15.90 each; Basic price 1 kg = EUR 63.60
- 500 g in a glass at EUR 27.90 each; Basic price 1 kg = EUR 55.80
Manufacturer: Apicoltura Brezzo Srl, Italy
- Free pick-up in the pick-up shop on selected days, please note the opening hours . Address: Welthonig im Rabenhof, Hainburger Straße 68-70/45/1, 1030 Vienna
- Customers have the choice between GLS, DPD and postal delivery. See shipping rates for details.
- Local delivery in Vienna on the same day for orders with online payment from Monday to Friday by 4 p.m. and Saturday by 12 p.m. Carried out by Veloce Messenger Services GmbH. Later orders will be delivered the next day as soon as possible.
- Secure online payment with SSL encryption: PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, American Express and eps transfer.
- Offline payment without a card with traditional transfer to the company bank account (payment in advance). After receiving the payment, the goods will be packed and shipped.